Brandt’s Ace Hardware has deep roots in Oklahoma economy and has been in Ponca City since 1968. Brandt’s has been a fixture on North fourteenth Street for 42 years.
Brandt’s business was started by father Leo Brandt, who established Brandt Implement in Oklahoma City in 1940 and operated it until 1962. In 1956 Leo’s oldest son, Charles, started Brandt Fleet Dist. in Chickasha. In 1962 he formed Brandt’s Dist. In Yukon with son Leroy. In 1968 he helped the No. 3 son Larry Brandt, open the Ponca City store. Larry and Linda Brandt took over sole control of the business in 1972 and formed Brandt’s Ace Hardware.
According to Larry Brandt, the store is the oldest retailer of hardware, tires, and farm supplies in Ponca City. We have survived the big giants of retail. The reason we have done this is our people, our service, and our mix of merchandise.